|Job Title||9-1-1 Telecommunicator*|
|Location||Franklin Park, IL*||*Position is based out of Franklin Park, IL|
NORCOMM 9-1-1 Dispatch, a consolidated, civilian staffed 9-1-1 communications center within the State of Illinois is currently seeking applicants that have the desire to work in an exciting, challenging and rewarding career field.
NORCOMM 9-1-1 Dispatch Requirements:
- must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- must be able to accurately type at least 40 wpm
- must be able to pass the applicant testing, background investigation, psychological exam and drug screening
- schedule flexibility (must have the ability to work any shift, weekends and holidays)
- Bi-Lingual applicants are encouraged to apply
- multi-tasking, and excellent customer service are fundamental to employment
- Previous experience in Telecommunications preferred not required.
Successful applicants will become certified in LEADS and NAEMD (Priority Dispatch) EMD/CPR within 6 months of hire and maintain all necessary certifications as required.
Telecommunicator job duties include but not limited to answering 9-1-1 telephones, transmitting vital information to emergency personnel via the radio, relaying information via the Computer-Aided Dispatch terminal, monitoring fire/burglar alarms, and answering administrative lines serving the police/fire personnel. Bi-lingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
NORCOMM Public Safety Communications - Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. M/F/V/D